Traversing the Valley of Death – Managing Innovation
WHY IS THIS BOOK RIGHT FOR YOU
- Brings to the forefront proven, time tested systematic big innovation processes
- Provides a guide for how big change can happen in your organization
- Provides the insight for establishing a consistent culture across the organization rather than a “Culture by Business Function” mentality
- Provides the tools and roadmap so you can take charge of successful transformation
- Provides an understanding of how you can grow your piece of the pie through unique innovation processes
- Learn how to embed and manage innovation best practices in your business unit
- A guide for how you can help your organization identify innovation opportunities
- Gives your teams the structures, processes, tools and metrics that will put them on the path to innovation
- Learn the secrets to empower innovation, a complex process for any organization
- Learn the in’s and out’s of innovation management and why it’s never a straight line
- Gain an understanding of the political minefields with innovation process
- Recognize growth-spawning projects and get the tools for success so you don’t fall into the “valley of death”
System for Industrial Innovation
The book provides an entire system for managing innovation. Its purpose is threefold: (1) to guide organizations to quickly develop ideas into legitimate, profitable business opportunities; (2) to capture these opportunities in a compelling case for securing the necessary resources; and (3) to plan for the adoption of the innovation and to establish the necessary governance system required to systematically do breakthrough innovation and measure the performance of that innovation in the marketplace. In other words, the System lays out an entire business system and strategy for actually doing breakthrough innovation.
Figure 3-1. Six subsystems comprise the CIMS systems for industrial innovation.
The six subsystems are organized in three modules (Fig. 3-1) constituting the principal steps in the overall process of breakthrough innovation. The System for Industrial Innovation is introduced in Chapter 3 and then described in detail in Chapters 4, 5 and 6. In addition to providing a holistic approach to breakthrough innovation, these chapters provide users with a complete toolbox of innovation decision tools.
“At Bell and Howell we are institutionalizing the innovation management culture espoused by Steve and Paul to drive our future. ”
“…improved, sustainable practices that will improve any organization’s effectiveness in extending and revitalizing their product portfolios ”
“The wisdom and methodology in this book is a veritable survival guide to “traverse this Valley of Death” and come out the other side!”
“This book provides essential insight for those business leaders that want to change innovation from a chance event to predictable driver of corporate success and renewal.”
“...It has become key in our drive to establish a robust culture of innovation at Kelly.”
Click here for instructions to create your Moodle account
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.